1/1 Photo of Chadron Sausage & Rice Casserole
1 hr 20 mins
I made this casserole from ingredients that were in my pantry and refrigerator - I wrote it down as I went because it smelled so good!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb jimmy dean regular pork sausage
- 1 large onion, diced
- 3 sweet mini bell peppers or 1 bell pepper, diced
- 1/2-1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 cup fresh corn kernel (can substitute frozen or canned, I cut mine right off the cob)
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of celery soup (can substitute any cream soup you have on hand)
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package jimmy dean peppered gravy mix
- 1 cup jasmine rice (can substitute long-grain white rice or Basmati rice, use whatever rice you have on hand)
- 1 cup 1% low-fat milk
- 1 cup water
- nonstick cooking spray (optional)
- 1Preheat oven to 350*F.
- 2Over medium heat, cook sausage with onion, peppers, celery and corn until cooked through in a large frying pan.
- 3Add remaining ingredients, mix well.
- 4Pour into 9x12" baking dish (I sprayed mined with non-stick cooking spray).
- 5Bake 45 minutes to an hour or until rice is done.
Browse Our Top Long-Grain Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chadron Sausage & Rice Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (293 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 469.3
- Calories from Fat 217
- Total Fat 24.1 g
- Saturated Fat 7.8 g
- Cholesterol 62.1 mg
- Sodium 1154.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 6.2 g
- Protein 17.8 g