3 hrs 10 mins
A traditional beef stew from Chad, posted for ZWT7
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Coat the beef cubes with flour. Set aside.
- 2Heat 3 tablespoons oil over medium heat in a large pot. Add beef, nutmeg and chili powder. Brown the beef on all sides.
- 3Add the onions, garlic, tomato paste, salt and water. Mix well.
- 4Bring the stew to a boil over high heat, lower the temperature and simmer until the meat is tender and the sauce reduced, 1-2 hours.
- 5Half an hour before serving, put the peanut butter and 2 tablespoons of oil in a small pot.
- 6Mix and heat over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- 7Add the peanut butter to the beef, a little bit at a time, mixing as you do that. Simmer on low heat for 20 more minutes. Serve over rice.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chadian Peanut Stew
Serving Size: 1 (298 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1305.3
- Calories from Fat 1169
- Total Fat 129.9 g
- Saturated Fat 48.3 g
- Cholesterol 149.8 mg
- Sodium 371.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 9.1 g
- Protein 20.2 g