Recipe by Kim Malkawi
This is a traditional meal in Jordan that is easy to make and is very nutrional and satisfying on a cold day. This recipe is all vegetarian.
- 4 eggs
- 2 onions
- 1 cup brown lentils
- 1⁄2 cup chopped broad leaf parsley
- plain yogurt, 1 large carton
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, in the shaker tin
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil the yogurt with the parmesan cheese.
- Fry chopped onions and mix with parsley and.
- the eggs and enough flour to make a dumpling.
- Set aside.
- Boil lentils until soft and add to yogurt.
- Take a tablespoon of hte egg mix and driop in boiling yogurt. Repeat with the rest and cook until firm. About 10 to 15 minutes.
- Serve over rice.