Recipe by mary winecoff
This recipe is from "Georgia on My Mind" by the Junior League of Cobb-Marietta. Sounds really gross doesn't it? I had to try it though. I was very surprised at the outcome. The wine keeps the cake from being overly sweet.
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 (3 ounce) box instant vanilla flavor pudding and pie filling
- 1⁄2 cup chablis
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) butter recipe cake mix
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup chablis
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 325 degrees. Grease and flour Bundt pan. Place nuts in bottom of pan. Mix pudding mix, wine, water, cake mix oil and eggs in bowl and beat 2 minutes. Pour batter over nuts in cake pan.
- Bake 55 to 60 minutes. Remove from oven. Poke holes all over cake.
- Combine topping ingredients in saucepan. Bring to boil and boil for 2 minutes. Spoon hot topping over hot cake. Let cool before serving.