Prep 0 mins
Cook 30 mins
I think I got this from a book called Curries of India.
- 1 kg potato
- 1 tablespoon red chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground roasted cumin seeds
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nigella seeds
- 1 tablespoon garlic (or more I like a LOT more-almost 1 T)
- 1 tablespoon ginger (or more I like a LOT more-almost 1 T)
- 4 green chilies, finely chopped
- 1 bunch coriander, finely chopped
- 1 cup concentrated tamarind juice
- boil potatoes + cube (easier if you just cube + boil in a little salted water).
- Heat oil in Pan and fry the potatoes in a little oil till they’re brown.
- Remove, drain on paper towels.
- In the same pan, place the potatoes and all other ingredients except the coriander leaves and tamarind.
- After frying 2 minutes, add the tamarind juice, cover and simmer till potato is tender.
- Add coriander leaves before serving. Can be served with fresh Puris or frozen parathas.
Yum, tasty and tart! I doubled the spices and used much less chili.