Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
The popular dish in pakistan and india .and very tasty snacks and fast food dish.
- 100 g refined flour (maida)
- 10 g semolina (suji)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon oil
- oil (for frying)
- 1 cup potato, boiled, cubed
- 1 cup chickpeas, boiled (kabuli chana)
- 150 g tamarind chutney
- 60 g mint chutney
- 150 low-fat yogurt, beaten (dahi)
- chat masala
- Sift the refined flour, semolina, salt, and baking powder together. Add hot oil and mix
- Well. Knead with enough water to make a smooth dough. Divide the dough equally into tiny balls. Roll each out into a very thin disc, 11/2 “in diameter. Perforate each with a fork so that it doesn’t puff out while frying. Keep aside for 30 minutes, uncovered.
- Heat the oil in a wok (kadhai); deep-fry the discs on a medium flame till crisp and golden. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain the excess oil on absorbent kitchen paper towels. To serve, arrange the fried discs (papri) on a plate; spread the potatoes, chickpeas, tamarind and mint chutneys, yoghurt and chaat masala to taste.