Prep 7 mins
Cook 7 mins
A salty-sour Indian spice blend that is used in many Indian recipes, in particular in snacks or in combination with raw fruits or vegetables.
- 4 tablespoons coriander seeds
- 2 tablespoons cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon ajwain
- 1 tablespoon mango powder (amchur)
- 2 dried chilies
- 3 tablespoons black salt (kala namak)
- 1 teaspoon black peppercorns
- 1 teaspoon ground pomegranate seeds (anardana powder)
- Roast coriander seeds on low heat until fragrant.
- Remove from skillet.
- Do the same with the cumin seeds and the ajowan (roast them separately).
- Grind all spices using a pestle and mortar.
- Store in an airtight container.