Prep 6 mins
Cook 8 mins
A spicy blend used in Indian food--particularly in Sana's Fruit Chaat (Fruit Chaat ( Fruit Salad )). It will keep for ages. In a pinch, caraway seeds may be substituted for the ajwain.
- 59.16 ml coriander seeds
- 29.58 ml cumin seeds
- 4.92 ml ajwain (thymol)
- 2-3 whole dried red chilies
- 44.37 ml black salt, crystals
- 2.46 ml citric acid
- 14.79 ml mango powder (amchoor)
- 14.79 ml salt
- 9.85 ml garam masala
- 4.92 ml white pepper (or black) (optional)
- Roast the first 3 ingredients separately in a dry saute pan over medium high heat until they become aromatic--do not burn.
- Grind them with the chillies, black salt and citric acid until a powder.
- Mix in the remaining ingredients.
- Store in an airtight container.
I needed some Chaat Masala for Recipe #301064 so I used this recipe. The aroma was wonderful and the potatoes turned out yummy. Thank you Chef Kate - *Made for Zaar World Tour 4*