Recipe by Doing it Right
I first found this recipe on Allrecipes.com, about 2 years ago and have made it serveral times since. It was submitted by Cathy. It currently has ***** and 288 ratings. I made it this past week for my weekly soup lunch and it was a crowd pleaser.
Top Review by Materialmom
I too found this recipe years ago on allrecipes.com and make it all of the time. It is excellent to say the least. My kids enjoy it too but I cut back on the spice in the original pot and kick it up in the other bowls. Don't skip the cheese! Enjoy!
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 (4 ounce) can jalapeno peppers, diced
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chili peppers, chopped
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 3 cups chicken breasts, diced
- 3 (15 ounce) cans white beans (15 ounces)
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a large sauce pan over medium-low heat.
- Slowly cook and stir the onion until tender.
- Mix in the garlic, jalapeno, green chile peppers, cumin, oregano and cayenne.
- Continue to cook and stir the mixture until tender, about 3 minutes.
- Mix in chicken broth, chicken and white beans.
- Simmer 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove the mixture from the heat.
- Slowly stir in the cheese until melted.
- Serve warm.