Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I first found this recipe on Allrecipes.com, about 2 years ago and have made it serveral times since. It was submitted by Cathy. It currently has ***** and 288 ratings. I made it this past week for my weekly soup lunch and it was a crowd pleaser.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 (4 ounce) can jalapeno peppers, diced
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chili peppers, chopped
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 3 cups chicken breasts, diced
- 3 (15 ounce) cans white beans (15 ounces)
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
- Heat oil in a large sauce pan over medium-low heat.
- Slowly cook and stir the onion until tender.
- Mix in the garlic, jalapeno, green chile peppers, cumin, oregano and cayenne.
- Continue to cook and stir the mixture until tender, about 3 minutes.
- Mix in chicken broth, chicken and white beans.
- Simmer 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove the mixture from the heat.
- Slowly stir in the cheese until melted.
- Serve warm.
I too found this recipe years ago on allrecipes.com and make it all of the time. It is excellent to say the least. My kids enjoy it too but I cut back on the spice in the original pot and kick it up in the other bowls. Don't skip the cheese! Enjoy!
Very good white chili! I left out the jalapenos (didn't have any) and didn't even put cheese on it and it was delicious. Will make this one again.
Nice easy soup - great on a cold evening. I almost always have cooked chicken thighs in my refrigerator so that is what I used in place of chicken breast. Only used two cans of white beans since that was all I had. This is one of those great go-to recipes as I almost always have all the ingredients on hand. Thanks for posting this msm - will definitely make this one again.