Recipe by looneytunesfan
From Ainsley Harriet.
Top Review by MarraMamba
these were outstanding. I loved them, the flavors were fresh and the spicing was great. Made a couple of changes, i did add some cilantro and cumin, and baked them rather than fried. Will double the recipe next time and freeze some.
- sunflower oil, for frying
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 2 boneless skinless chicken thighs, roughly chopped
- 2 green chilies, seeded and thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 1⁄2 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 4 tablespoons taco sauce
- 4 green onions, finely chopped
- 4 large flour tortillas
- shredded lettuce
- sour cream
- ready-made guacamole
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the sunflower oil in a large pan and stir-fry the onion, bell pepper, and chicken thighs over a high heat for 3-4 minutes until well browned. Stir in the chiles, garlic, tomatoes, and corn and cook for another 2-3 minutes until the chicken is cooked through.
- Stir in the taco sauce and green onions, and set aside to cool a little.
- Warm one of the tortillas in a hot, dry frying pan until soft and flexible. Spoon a quarter of the cooled chicken mixture into the center of a tortilla and fold over the edges to form a neat package; pin in place with wooden toothpicks and repeat with the remaining tortillas.
- Heat 1/2 inch vegetable oil in a large frying pan and cook chimichangas for 2-3 minutes on each side until crisp and golden brown. Drain on paper towels and serve hot with shredded lettuce, sour cream and guacamole.