Recipe by Lorac
Mexican style BBQ grilled hamburgers with adjustable heat. You can broil or pan fry and sub your favorite toppings.
Top Review by Chef shapeweaver �
I really don't like giving a recipe a three star rating,but I'm afraid I have to with this one.I followed the directions as written,except I had to make a substitution for the monterey jack cheese.I used a 4 mexican cheese blend,but I really don't think that was the problem.There was just "something about them"that we didn't care for.But, I liked the fact of using sour cream as a condiment,that was different.Maybe this buger will be someone else's idea of a good burger,but we just didn't care for it.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1⁄4 cup chunky salsa (mild, hot, or extra spicy)
- 1⁄4 cup finely crushed tortilla chips
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 4 hamburger buns, split
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese (plain or jalepeno)
- 4 tablespoons sour cream
- 4 slices tomatoes
- leafy green lettuce or finely shredded cabbage
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine beef, salsa, tortilla chips, chili powder and salt and shape into 4 patties.
- Place the top halves of the buns, cut side up in a shallow metal baking pan (I use disposable foil pans) top with cheese and cover with foil.
- BBQ grill the burgers 5 minutes per side or until juices run clear.
- After the first 5 minutes, place the bun pan over indirect heat for 5 minutes or until cheese has melted.
- To assemble, place the burgers on the bun bottoms, top each with 1 tbls sour cream, 1 tomato slice, lettuce or cabbage and the other bun halves cheese side down.