1/1 Photo of Chèvre Au Coulis De Framboises
bluemoon downunder's Note:
A delicious Canadian-French dessert, Baked Goat Cheese with a Maple Raspberry Sauce - pronounced: sheh vruh /oh/koo lee /duh/ frahm bwa - which I found on a Canadian website and have posted here for the 2005 Zaar World Tour. Sounds delicious! The preparation and cooking times below do not include the cooling time mentioned in step seven.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 lb goat cheese (choose a mild imported or domestic cheese without ash or spices)
- 2 slices white bread, crusts removed and torn into pieces
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- 10 ounces package frozen unsweetened raspberries, thawed
- 1 -2 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1Put the bread crumbs, sugar and pine nuts into the bowl of a food processor and pulse to a coarse meal. Transfer the mixture to a pie plate and clean out the food processor bowl.
- 2Place the thawed berries and maple syrup into the food processor bowl and purée.
- 3Place a strainer over a bowl and force the raspberry purée through it to remove all the seeds. Set the purée aside.
- 4Break the egg into a small bowl and beat lightly.
- 5Place the flour on a sheet of waxed paper.
- 6Cut or shape the goat cheese into small rounds.
- 7Dust each round with some flour, dip in the egg and then in the breadcrumb coating. Transfer to a baking sheet and refrigerate for about 30 minutes.
- 8Just before serving: Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- 9Melt the butter in a microwave or skillet and drizzle on the goat rounds.
- 10Bake in the oven for 8-10 minutes or until golden.
- 11To serve: Divide the raspberry sauce among 4 dessert plates. Using a metal spatula, place the hot cheese rounds on top of the sauce and serve.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chèvre Au Coulis De Framboises
Serving Size: 1 (237 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 677.4
- Calories from Fat 403
- Total Fat 44.8 g
- Saturated Fat 22.5 g
- Cholesterol 135.3 mg
- Sodium 543.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.7 g
- Sugars 28.4 g
- Protein 24.9 g