Recipe by rainna
This reminds me of an asian version of Tiramisu. Recipe from Malini's Kitchen -- http://www.infolanka.com/recipes/
Top Review by mleggat
I have been searching for a biscuit pudding recipe like the kind I used to eat while living in Sri Lanka....and this is it! It's rich, yes, but I love the creamy texture of the pudding with the layers of cookies throughout. I shared the dessert with a group of friends tonight, and everyone gave it a big thumbs up!!
- 8 ounces chocolate chips
- 8 ounces butter, at room temperature
- 3 eggs
- 10 ounces Marie biscuits
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 cup whipped cream
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup chopped cashew nuts
- 1 tablespoon rum (optional)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 pinch salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine chocolate, rum, 1/4 cup water, and the vanilla in a heat-proof bowl. Set it over a pan of simmering water just until the chocolate melts. Cool completely to room temperature. Whisk butter until combined. Set aside.
- Place egg whites, the salt, and 1 tablespoon of the sugar in a bowl. Beat on high speed until firm but not dry.
- Place the egg yolks and the rest of the sugar in a bowl. Beat on high speed until pale yellow. With the mixer on low speed, add the chocolate mixture.
- Whisk 1/4 of the egg whites into the chocolate mixture; then fold the rest in carefully with a rubber spatula.
- Fold the whipped cream into the chocolate mixture.
- Soak the biscuits in milk slightly. Layer a bottom of a square pan with them. Next layer with chocolate mixture (about 1/2 inch high). Sprinkle with cashew nuts. Follow with another layer of soaked biscuits and then the chocolate mixture and cashew nuts. Continue layering until all of the chocolate mixture is over. Make sure that the top layer is chocolate mixture and cashew nuts.
- Chill for at least 2 hours.