Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
A nice creamy one pot soup similar in texture to potato but slightly nuttier. The cinnamon adds a bit of aromatic spice.
- 1 cup grated rutabaga
- 1⁄2 cup grated carrot
- 1⁄2 cup cream
- 4 cups broth (chicken or vegetable)
- 2 tablespoons green onions, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fenugreek seeds
- 1 teaspoon ceylon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Heat the rutabaga and carrot over medium low until softened. The rutabaga will take on some of the color of the carrot and will also brown slightly. Add small amounts of broth as needed to maintain some moisture in the pan.
- After the mixture has reduced add sugar, fenugreek and onion and heat until the onion is slightly caramelized.
- Remove the pan from heat and let sit until it is cool enough to go into the food processor.
- Add the mixture to the food processor and pulse to mix. Add cream and puree.
- While the mixture is pureeing, return the pan to the burner and add remaining broth and 1 Tsp Salt. Bring to a simmer over med heat.
- Once the mixture is well pureed, stir into the broth, add cinnamon and bring to a slight boil for 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon and salt to taste.