CP Camper's Note:
A nice creamy one pot soup similar in texture to potato but slightly nuttier. The cinnamon adds a bit of aromatic spice.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat the rutabaga and carrot over medium low until softened. The rutabaga will take on some of the color of the carrot and will also brown slightly. Add small amounts of broth as needed to maintain some moisture in the pan.
- 2After the mixture has reduced add sugar, fenugreek and onion and heat until the onion is slightly caramelized.
- 3Remove the pan from heat and let sit until it is cool enough to go into the food processor.
- 4Add the mixture to the food processor and pulse to mix. Add cream and puree.
- 5While the mixture is pureeing, return the pan to the burner and add remaining broth and 1 Tsp Salt. Bring to a simmer over med heat.
- 6Once the mixture is well pureed, stir into the broth, add cinnamon and bring to a slight boil for 5 minutes.
- 7Sprinkle with cinnamon and salt to taste.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ceylon Rutabaga Soup
Serving Size: 1 (100 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 186.1
- Calories from Fat 139
- Total Fat 15.4 g
- Saturated Fat 9.6 g
- Cholesterol 48.7 mg
- Sodium 1128.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 7.1 g
- Protein 2.1 g