1/1 Photo of Ceylon Cinnamon Celeriac Soup
Say that five times fast!!!! I made this cream of celeriac soup with a hint of ceylon cinnamon. Ceylon is a more light, citrusy cinnamon than cassia or other sweeter cinnamons. Celeriac, also known as celery root, is the ugly duckling of root vegetables because what it may lack in beauty on the outside, it certainly makes up for it with its wonderful flavor on the inside!!! Enjoy!
My Private Note
large p ...
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons light olive oil
- 1 tablespoon salted butter
- 1 large celery root, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes (celeriac)
- 2 medium shallots, chopped
- 3/4 cup celery, chopped
- 2 large garlic cloves, crushed and minced
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ceylon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper (ground red pepper)
- 1/4 cup cognac
- 2 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- celery & leaves (to garnish) (optional)
- 1Melt butter with the oil in a large texas skillet over medium heat.
- 2Add the celery root, shallots, celery, celery salt, cayenne, black pepper, and ceylon cinnamon. Stir and then turn the heat down to low.
- 3Cover and cook the vegetables on low, stirring occasionally; until tender, about 30 minutes.
- 4After the 30 minutes, stir and then add the garlic and cook 2 more minutes on low.
- 5Add the cognac and turn the heat up to medium. Stir and cook, uncovered, for about 3 more minutes until the liquid evaporates.
- 6Add the stock and bring up to a boil then reduce the heat to a simmer and simmer until the vegetables are very tender, about 15-20 minutes.
- 7Put the soup in the food processor in two batches (never go past the fill line with liquid in the processor or it will run out and overflow with a mess). Puree the soup until smooth.
- 8Add the puree back to the skillet and add the cream. Stir until blended and creamy then heat through on low to medium low heat.
- 9Serve with celery stalks and leaves as garnish. (optional).
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ceylon Cinnamon Celeriac Soup
Serving Size: 1 (139 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 251.3
- Calories from Fat 202
- Total Fat 22.5 g
- Saturated Fat 10.1 g
- Cholesterol 52.8 mg
- Sodium 262.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 4.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: