Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Cerviche is a Mexican appetizer, kind of like Shrimp cocktail but better. This is served in almost all Mexican restaurants. Try it and let me know.....
- Finely grate rind from limes to measure 1 tablespoon; juice limes to measure 1/4 cup.
- Place rind and juice in a large bowl. (use a glass or ceramic bowl, aluminum or copper bowl will react with the citrus juice and give it a metallic taste).
- Add tomato, avocado, cilantro, salt, pepper, garlic and shrimp. If you want, you can add some chopped onion and fresh jalapenos. Toss well to combine.
- Cover and chill for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Heat tortillas.
- Spoon about 1/2 cup of shrimp mixture down the center of tortilla; fold and eat.
- You can serve it plain and/or eat with crackers or you can use hard tacos shells, tostadas, tortilla chips or whatever you like. My dad eats it with saltine crackers. He adds extra onion and jalapenos, personal preference!
This was wonderful! I loved it. I left out the cilantro as my family is not too keen on it. I will be making this one often!
Delicious. Give it a shot with fresh Red Tuna, Fresh Salmon, and Shrimp! oh-myyyyy-god! My mouth was so happy!!! I had never tried it with Avacado but, its amazing! Thanx for the tip. :)