Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Saw this in my Cooking Light Magazine this month...ran out and bought a couple of avocados! We loved this!
- 3 limes
- 1 cup tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup avocado, diced and peeled
- 1⁄2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 lb cooked shrimp, peeled med. in size
- 1 jalapeno, chopped very fine (my own addition)
- 1 garlic clove, chopped very fine (another addition that I added)
- 12 corn tortillas
- Finely grate rind from limes to measure 1 tbls; juice limes to measure 1/4 cup.
- Place rind and juice in a large bowl.
- Add tomato and remaining ingredients this is where I also added a jalapeno -- chopped really fine! (except tortillas); toss well to combine.
- Cover and chill for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Heat tortillas (I sprayed grill with non stick spray -- and grill tortillas).
- Once again -- recipe says it will feed 6 -- embarrassed to say -- it didn't!
- I really enjoyed this mixture on a bed of lettuce! Made a great salad!
I am quite picky when it comes to food, and when I saw this recipe I was a little skeptical, but I said "what the heck" and gave it a shot, and to my amazement it was WONDERFUL!... absolutely loved it! I did add a little more lime and some garlic salt to taste, but that was it. My husband and I did not stop eating until it was all gone! Give it a shot, you'll love it!
This was good and easy to make. It was ready before my wife got home so I put it in the fridge for about 20 minutes, it taste better at room temperature. I also think I cut up the avocado too small, bigger chunks would have made them more noticeable I think. Overall it was very good, wife loved it
This was light, refreshing and easy to make. We enjoyed for dinner last night. Looking forward to having it during the summer. Served with sofie-a-toast's latin rice salad. Thanks!