1 hr 20 mins
Chef RayRay's Note:
This great twist on shrimp cocktail is delicious and refreshing appetizer for your latin themed meal, or makes a tasty snack right out of the fridge.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 lb unpeeled shrimp
- 1/2 medium white onion
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 -2 tablespoon bottled hot sauce
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup diced cucumber
- 1/2 cup diced tomato
- 1 small avocado
- salt and pepper
- 1 large garlic clove
- 3 cups popped popcorn (unsalted microwave popcorn-no butter)
- 1Boil 1 quart salted water, adding 2 tbls lime juice. Add shrimp and cover, bring water back to a boil. Remove immediately from heat and set lid slightly askew. Pour out all liquid, replace cover, and let shrimp steam off heat for 10 minute.
- 2Spread shrimp out in a pan to cool. De-vein shrimp when cooled. Toss shrimp in remaining lime juice and refrigerate for an hour.
- 3Dice onion, avocado, cucumber, cilantro, garlic, and tomato. Add to shrimp bowl and toss with ketchup, hot sauce, and olive oil. Cover and refrigerate if not served immediately.
- 4Serve in martini glasses for a stylish presentation. Sprinkle unsalted popcorn on top for crunch, and serve remaining popcorn in a bowl on the side. You may want to add more popcorn when initial popcorn is eaten. Do not add too much popcorn at once because it will get soggy before eaten. Add a little bit at a time as you enjoy.
- 5Garnish with lime slices and cilantro sprigs.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ceviche De Camarones (Ecuadorean Shrimp Cocktail)
Serving Size: 1 (204 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 326.2
- Calories from Fat 136
- Total Fat 15.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 220.8 mg
- Sodium 758.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.9 g
- Sugars 10.1 g
- Protein 26.7 g