Recipe by Wendy H.
Very traditional Peruvian ceviche with sea bass or flounder. Peruvian ceviche is distinguished from the Mexican in part by very short marinading times.
- 1 3⁄4 lbs sea bass or 1 3⁄4 lbs flounder fillets
- 1 red onion, very finely sliced
- 1⁄2 red aji limo chile, chopped very fine
- 1⁄2 yellow aji limo chile, chopped very fine
- 16 key limes, juice of
- 1 ear corn on the cob, boiled & cut into rounds (choclo variety is traditional, if you can find it)
- boiled sweet potato (camote variety is traditional)
- lettuce leaf
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut fish into bite size pieces and mix with onion in large bowl.
- Wash onion & fish; drain well.
- Season with salt and aji limo.
- Toss fish preparation quickly in lime juice.
- Refresh with a coupe of ice cubes. Mix well and remove ice before it has a chance to melt.
- Serve ceviche immediately in a deep dish. Accompany with boiled sweet potato, corn, and lettuce.