Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep2 hrs 15 mins
Not all Mexican food is spicy hot. This ceviche contains mayonnaise and is not very tart. Adapted from Mexican Family Cooking. Be sure the cilantro is completely dry before you measure it; if it is wet it will pack down and you'll get far too much.
- 473.18 ml white fish fillets, finely chopped (any meaty white fish will do)
- 118.29 ml lime juice, strained
- 236.59 ml carrot, lightly cooked and cut into strips
- 236.59 ml tomato, peeled and chopped
- 118.29 ml green onion, chopped
- 78.07 ml fresh cilantro, chopped
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 29.58 ml white vinegar
- 59.14 ml water
- 118.29 ml mayonnaise
- corn chips, for serving
- chopped lettuce, for serving
- Combine fish and lime juice, and marinate for 1 hour.
- Drain fish and dry well.
- Combine carrots, tomatoes, onions, cilantro, oil and vinegar.
- Add salt, pepper and water.
- Fold in fish.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour.
- Drain well.
- Add mayonnaise and mix well.
- Serve on corn chip and top with chopped lettuce.