2 hrs 15 mins
2 hrs 15 mins
Not all Mexican food is spicy hot. This ceviche contains mayonnaise and is not very tart. Adapted from Mexican Family Cooking. Be sure the cilantro is completely dry before you measure it; if it is wet it will pack down and you'll get far too much.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 473.18 ml white fish fillets, finely chopped (any meaty white fish will do)
- 118.29 ml lime juice, strained
- 236.59 ml carrot, lightly cooked and cut into strips
- 236.59 ml tomato, peeled and chopped
- 118.29 ml green onion, chopped
- 78.07 ml fresh cilantro, chopped
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 29.58 ml white vinegar
- 59.14 ml water
- 118.29 ml mayonnaise
- corn chips, for serving
- chopped lettuce, for serving
- 1Combine fish and lime juice, and marinate for 1 hour.
- 2Drain fish and dry well.
- 3Combine carrots, tomatoes, onions, cilantro, oil and vinegar.
- 4Add salt, pepper and water.
- 5Fold in fish.
- 6Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour.
- 7Drain well.
- 8Add mayonnaise and mix well.
- 9Serve on corn chip and top with chopped lettuce.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ceviche Blanco (White Ceviche)
Serving Size: 1 (29 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 29.8
- Calories from Fat 20
- Total Fat 2.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 1.2 mg
- Sodium 39.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 0.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white fish fillets