Recipe by Chocolatl
Not all Mexican food is spicy hot. This ceviche contains mayonnaise and is not very tart. Adapted from Mexican Family Cooking. Be sure the cilantro is completely dry before you measure it; if it is wet it will pack down and you'll get far too much.
- 2 cups white fish fillets, finely chopped (any meaty white fish will do)
- 1⁄2 cup lime juice, strained
- 1 cup carrot, lightly cooked and cut into strips
- 1 cup tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- corn chips, for serving
- chopped lettuce, for serving
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine fish and lime juice, and marinate for 1 hour.
- Drain fish and dry well.
- Combine carrots, tomatoes, onions, cilantro, oil and vinegar.
- Add salt, pepper and water.
- Fold in fish.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour.
- Drain well.
- Add mayonnaise and mix well.
- Serve on corn chip and top with chopped lettuce.