Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 453.59 g seafood, sushi grade (shrimp, scallops, whitefish)
- 354.88 ml fresh lime juice
- 2 pickled jalapeno peppers, minced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tomatoes, skinned, cubed
- 88.74 ml olive oil
- 29.58 ml white wine vinegar
- 1.23 ml oregano
- 2.46 ml fresh pepper, ground
- 2.46 ml salt
- 12 lime wedges
- Clean and rinse fish. Pat dry with clean cloth.
- Remove skin and bones. Shred.
- Shell and devein any seafood that would require it. Place all seafood in casserole dish.
- Cover in lime juice. Refrigerate 2 hours.
- Stir. Refrigerate 2 hours.
- Drain lime juice.
- Mix together jalapenos, onion, oil, tomato, vinegar, salt, pepper, oregano. Stir tomato mixture into fish, coating completely. Refrigerate 3 hours.
- Bring to room temp before serving (about 15 minutes).
- Garnish with lime wedges.
- Variation: Use lemon instead of lime juice.
A definite keeper! I really enjoyed everything about this ceviche.