This can be eaten on tostadas, as a dip for chips, or if you are on a diet like I am, it can be eaten as a refreshing salad or in lettuce wraps.
- Begin by cutting the tilapia into very tiny pieces about the size of a green pea. Place the cut up fish in a glass or plastic bowl.
- Juice all 10 limes into the bowl with the fish. Sprinkle 1 tsp salt over the fish and lime juice and mix thoroughly.
- Allow the fish to sit at room temperature in the lime juice for 2 hours until the fish is cooked and turns white.
- Pour half of the lime juice out of the bowl and discard. Add the tomatoes, cilantro, jalapenos, and onion in with the fish and mix well.
- Place plastic wrap over the bowl and store in the refridgerator for 30 minutes to allow the flavors to meld.
- Season with salt to taste and serve.
This was excellent! Reminds me of the ceviche I had in Costa Rica - really nice blend of flavours, especially as a fan of cilantro.