Balkan variation of the Arabic kebab found in most southeastern European countries, such as those of the former Yugoslavia, Bulgaria, and Romania. Optional toppings are chopped onions, tomatoes, sour cream, kajmak, ajvar, and cottage cheese.
- In a large bowl, combine the ground pork, ground beef, ground lamb and egg white. Add the garlic, salt, baking soda, black pepper, cayenne pepper and paprika. Mix well using your hands.
- Form into finger length sausages about 3/4 inch thick. Arrange in a plate.
- Cover with plastic wrap or wax paper and refrigerate for one hour to one day, to let the flavors settle and the mixture become firm.
- Preheat the grill, medium-low heat. Lightly oil the grilling surface.
- Grill cevapcici until cooked through, turning as needed. The grilling usually takes about 30 minutes.
- Serve in warmed or grilled pita bread, white bread or rolls on a bed of chopped onions, with your choice of toppings such as kajmak, sour cream, cottage cheese, fresh peppers, ajvar or tomatoes.