1/2 Photos of Cevapcici (Cevapi) Balkan Sausage Sandwiches
Member #610488's Note:
Balkan variation of the Arabic kebab found in most southeastern European countries, such as those of the former Yugoslavia, Bulgaria, and Romania. Optional toppings are chopped onions, tomatoes, sour cream, kajmak, ajvar, and cottage cheese.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large bowl, combine the ground pork, ground beef, ground lamb and egg white. Add the garlic, salt, baking soda, black pepper, cayenne pepper and paprika. Mix well using your hands.
- 2Form into finger length sausages about 3/4 inch thick. Arrange in a plate.
- 3Cover with plastic wrap or wax paper and refrigerate for one hour to one day, to let the flavors settle and the mixture become firm.
- 4Preheat the grill, medium-low heat. Lightly oil the grilling surface.
- 5Grill cevapcici until cooked through, turning as needed. The grilling usually takes about 30 minutes.
- 6Serve in warmed or grilled pita bread, white bread or rolls on a bed of chopped onions, with your choice of toppings such as kajmak, sour cream, cottage cheese, fresh peppers, ajvar or tomatoes.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cevapcici (Cevapi) Balkan Sausage Sandwiches
Serving Size: 1 (444 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1055.3
- Calories from Fat 548
- Total Fat 60.8 g
- Saturated Fat 23.6 g
- Cholesterol 275.1 mg
- Sodium 1465.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 82.8 g