Prep 30 mins
Cook 3 mins
OH my, this brings back yummy memories. I dated a Cerb, way back when, and we ate these allot at festivals. I never got a recipe but found this one and put it in my "gotta try" file. I have used other recipes for the Frugal Gourmet and they were very good. I have yet to try these but in any case, let me know what you think. Never having made these, I will have at guess at the amount and timing. Source of Recipe : The Frugal Gourmet On Our Immigrant Ancestors
- 1 lb ground lamb
- 1 lb ground veal
- 1 lb ground pork
- 1 large yellow onion, peeled and grated
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 3 tablespoons Hungarian paprika, hot or
- sweet paprika
- 1 pinch cayenne
- 2 tablespoons black pepper, freshly ground
- 1 pinch nutmeg, freshly grated
- olive oil, for basting
Yogurt dipping sauce
- 1 pint yogurt
- 1⁄2 cucumber, peeled, grated and drained for 1 hour
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- salt, to taste
- white pepper, ground, to taste
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- Mix all the ingredients thoroughly, except the oil.
- Roll the mixture into little "cigars" about 1 inch by 3 inches. Rub lightly with olive oil.
- Grill or broil until done, turning while grilling. Approximately 3 -5 minutes per batch.
- Serve with yogurt sauce (recipe follows).
- Yogurt Sauce for dipping:.
- Mix all the ingredients together and serve with Cevapcici as a dip.
excellent Cevapcici, used my own cucumber sauce recipe but it is quite similar. I am gonna test it next summer on my Bosnian friends. I am confident it will stand up.