Recipe by Kree
This recipe comes from my college roommate, Becky, who belongs to a very Irish family! Her family prefers this recipe because it's much sweeter than most soda breads. I like it because it's quick and easy!
- 4 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup margarine, melted
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 pint buttermilk (or soy buttermilk, Soy "Buttermilk")
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat eggs.
- Add all ingredients except buttermilk; mix.
- Add buttermilk; mix.
- Pour batter into a 9x13-inch pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40-60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center tests clean.
- Note: If you use soy buttermilk and dairy-free margarine, this recipe can be dairy-free.