- vegetable oil (for frying)
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon cayenne
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 12 ounces beer
- 3 (8 ounce) tilapia fillets, cut into chunks
- 1 cup flour (for dredging)
- 8 (8 inch) flour tortillas
- 1⁄4 head cabbage, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Fill pot halfway up with vegetable oil and heat to 350 degrees.
- In large bowl, whisk together flour, cumin, cayenne and salt. Mix in enough beer so that mixture resembles pancake batter.
- Put remaining flour into large pan and dredge fish chunks. Then put them in batter.
- Fry fish in batches, then serve in tortillas with cabbage and your choice of toppings.