Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
A French spread from the Burgundy region. The original recipe asks for quark, a German/French soft curd cheese, but it will work with cottage cheese as well. Serve the spread with fresh toast. The preparation time does not include the 4 hours needed to strain the cottage cheese.
- 250 g cottage cheese
- 100 g cream cheese
- 50 ml olive oil
- 50 ml white wine
- 2 shallots, chopped very fine
- 1 tablespoon chervil, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon chives, finely chopped
- Put the cottage cheese in a very fine sieve (or, alternatively, in a strainer that is lined with straining cloth) and leave to strain for circa 4 hours.
- Mix the cottage cheese, cream cheese, olive oil, and wine and whip into a paste.
- Add the shallots, chervil, parsley, and chives, and add salt and pepper to taste.