Prep 25 mins
Cook 9 hrs
An attempt to modify a family favorite to improve nutrition and reduce sodium
Make and share this Certified Angus Beef and Noodles recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 -3 lbs beef roast (Suggested Bottom Round)
- 2 carrots, finely diced
- 2 onions, small finely diced
- 32 ounces reduced-sodium beef stock
- 2 (10 ounce) cans Healthy Request cream of mushroom soup (Campbell's Healthy Request low sodium, low fat)
- 1⁄4 cup tomato paste
- 12 ounces broad whole wheat egg noodles
- Sear beef in olive oil, add onions and cook until golden.
- Add 1 cup of beef broth, scraping browned bits from pan.
- Add contents of the pan to a crock pot, then add remaining ingredients except noodles.
- Cook on low 8-10 hours.
- 1/2 hour prior to serving, add noodles.
- If noodles absorb too much liquid, you can add more beef stock.