Recipe by the80srule
A fun and different kind of light, airy bread with lots of tangy citus goodness. Omit the wheat gluten if using bread flour. This came from my Electric Bread cookbook, I posted for 3 different capacities.
- 7⁄8 cup water
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄3 cup orange marmalade
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons vital wheat gluten
- 2 tablespoons dry milk
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon lemon peel
- 2 teaspoons active dry yeast (or 1 1/2 tsp instant yeast)
Directions See How It's Made
- Put the ingredients into your bread machine according to manufacturer's instructions and set to a 1.5-lb capacity. The books says you can use white, sweet rapid, or delay bake cycles. I would use Sweet cycle.
- For a small 1-lb loaf: 5/8 cup water, 1 tablespoon butter, 1/4 cup orange marmelade, 2 tsp lemon juice, 2 tsp lime juice, 2 cups flour, 2 tablespoons gluten, 1 tablespoon dry milk, 1 tsp salt, 1/8 tsp lemon peel 1 1/2 tsp active dry yeast (or 1 tsp instant yeast.).
- For a larger 2-lb loaf: 1 1/8 cups water, 1 1/2 tablespoons butter, 1/2 cup orange marmelade, 1 1/2 tbsp lemon juice, 1 1/2 tbsp lime juice, 4 cups flour, 4 tbsp gluten, 2 tbsp dry milk, 2 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp lemon peel, 2 1/2 tsp active dry yeast (or 1 1/2 tsp instant yeast.).