Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
A nice treat for the kids, made with cereal and peanut butter, so it has some healthy aspects to it! My kids call it Kitten Chow.
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter (We use the crunchy kind)
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 6 ounces chocolate chips
- 7 cups Chex cereal
- 3 cups Cheerios toasted oat cereal
- 2 cups icing sugar
- In a large sauce pan, melt the peanut butter, butter and chocolate chips over medium heat. Add cereal, and toss to coat.
- Put the icing sugar in a large paper or plastic bag, and add the chocolate covered cereal. Shake the bag to coat the cereal in sugar. Pour out onto waxed paper to cool.
- Sometimes, if we have them, we'll ad a couple handfuls of mini pretzel sticks too.