Recipe by SilentCricket
One day I was craving a dessert I had ages ago that my cousin had made with rice chex and ice cream. I didn't have the recipe, so I went into cyberspace and found an award winning similar recipe from the HoosierKitcheNet! This dessert is great in the summer, or anytime of the year when you might be craving ice cream with a crunch! (Prep time includes time for freezing dessert).
- 5⁄8 cup butter, melted
- 3 cups Corn Chex or 3 cups Rice Chex, crushed
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup coconut
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans or 1⁄2 cup almonds, slivered and toasted
- 1⁄2 gallon ice cream, slightly softened (I prefer good 'ol vanilla, but fudge ripple and strawberry are close seconds! Choose your favorite!)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together the above ingredients except the ice cream.
- Reserve 1 1/2 cups of mixture for topping.
- Pat the remaining mixture into bottom of a greased 9x13" pan.
- Spread 1/2 gallon of softened ice cream on the cereal mixture in pan.
- Sprinkle the 1 1/2 cups reserved cereal mixture on top of ice cream.
- Cover and freeze several hours, or overnight.
- Cut into squares.