You can use any flaky cereal to make these delicious cookies. From the Mississippi Valley chapter of the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 325F and lightly grease baking sheet.
- 2Beat egg whites until they begin to stiffen; sprinkle salt over the top and add sugar gradually, beating constantly.
- 3Mixture should be stiff enough to hold its shape by the time all the sugar is incorporated.
- 4Beat in flavoring and fold in remaining ingredients.
- 5Drop by teaspoons on prepared baking sheet and bake for 15 to 25 minutes or until golden, depending on size of cookies.
- 6Remove from pan as soon as you take them from the oven.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cereal Flake Macaroons
Serving Size: 1 (627 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 41.0
- Calories from Fat 8
- Total Fat 0.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 42.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 6.8 g
- Protein 0.3 g