Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
Came across this recipe quite sometime ago. It's addicting!!
- 2 cups Multi-Bran Chex
- 2 cups Corn Chex
- 2 cups Cheerios toasted oat cereal
- 2 cups miniature pretzels
- 1 cup salted mixed nuts
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar (packed)
- 1⁄4 cup light corn syrup
- 2 -3 teaspoons butter flavoring
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- In a large bowl, combine the cereals, pretzels and nuts; set aside.
- In a 2-1/2 quart saucepan,combine the butter, brown sugar, corn syrup, butter flavoring and salt. Bring to a boil. Boil, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine vanilla and baking soda.
- Remove brown sugar syrup from the heat; stir in vanilla mixture (syrup will foam). Pour over cereal mixture and toss to coat.
- Bake at 200 degrees 1 hour, stirring 2 or 3 times during baking.
- Turn out at once on wax paper; spread apart and allow to cool completely. Break apart; store in tightly covered container.
I made this for my GD to get her away from the processed cereal bars. Big hit. Thanks.