Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recipe was passed down from my Great Grandma Crawford. It is a simple cookie that goes great with coffee or hot chocolate on a cold winter's day. I've baked them with both butter or Crisco. The butter version is a flatter cookie, similar to the ones my Grandma made. Enjoy these cookies, they are a real treat from my childhood.
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup shortening
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup crispy rice cereal
- 1 cup crushed corn flakes
- 2 cups old-fashioned oatmeal
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- Mix brown sugar and white sugar in the mixer.
- Add butter, beaten eggs, and vanilla. Mix well.
- Mix four,baking soda, baking powder, and salt in a separate bowl. Add to sugar mixture, mix well.
- Add oatmeal, crushed cornflakes, Rice Crispy cereal, and coconut. (When I do this in my mixer the batter is very thick.).
- Spoon on a cookie sheet and flatten a little with a fork or spoon.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 8-10 minutes.