Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
A no-bake, jelly roll-like cookie made with cereal.
- 3⁄4 cup corn syrup
- 3⁄4 cup white sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 1⁄2 cups crispy rice cereal
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2⁄3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3⁄4 cup peanut butter
- Melt together corn syrup and white sugar over low heat. When mixture bubbles, remove from heat and add peanut butter, butter or margarine, and crispy rice cereal.
- Grease cookie sheet and put wax paper (also greased) on cookie sheet. Spread cereal mixture on wax paper.
- To Make Filling: Mix together 1/3 cup butter or margarine, milk and confectioners' sugar. Stir in cocoa and mix well.
- Spread filling on cereal mixture and roll up as for jelly roll. Slice when cool. Store in refrigerator.