1 hr 5 mins
Adding a crunchy cereal improves on this American classic. Don't forget the vanilla ice cream!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups honey bunches of oats cereal (or other cereal)
- 1 cup firmly backed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup butter or 1/4 cup margarine, melted
- 4 medium granny smith apples, peeled,cored,and cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans or 1/2 cup almonds or 1/2 cup raisins (optional)
- 1Combine first 4 ingredients and stir well.
- 2Add butter and stir until combined.
- 3Toss 1 1/2 cups of mixture with apples and put in a greased 9-inch square baking dish.
- 4Drizzle the juice over the mixture.
- 5Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.
- 6Add nuts or raisons to remaining cereal and sprinkle over apples.
- 7Bake uncovered for 20 more minutes or until apples are tender and the top is browned.
- 8Serve warm- goes great with ice cream.
Browse Our Top Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cereal Apple Crisp
Serving Size: 1 (122 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 264.4
- Calories from Fat 97
- Total Fat 10.8 g
- Saturated Fat 4.1 g
- Cholesterol 15.2 mg
- Sodium 52.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 35.6 g
- Protein 1.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: