Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
The Century Plaza Hotel is an upscale hotel located in the Century City area of Los Angeles. Their chef has concocted this dressing recipe for patrons who want a creamy salad dressing that is not too high in calories. The hotel claims it's about 10 calories per tablespoon. The recipe was published several years ago in the reader request column of the Los Angeles Times.
- 1 1⁄2 cups cottage cheese, low-fat
- 3⁄4 cup buttermilk, low-fat
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon green onion, minced
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- Place cottage cheese, buttermilk, lemon juice, white pepper and salt in a blender container.
- Blend until smooth, if too thick add more buttermilk.
- Stir in green onions and parsley.