Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Another Central Market recipe that I am posting here so I don't lose it! Sounds great to me! (cooking time does not include all-night marinate; and prep. time is an estimate)
- 1 (8 ounce) can garbanzo beans
- 1 (8 ounce) can cannellini beans
- 1 (8 ounce) can kidney beans
- 1 medium purple onion, chopped
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
- Rinse and drain the cannned beans.
- Combine all ingredients in a large, sealable plastic bag.
- Marinate overnight and serve chilled.
I followed flower7's suggestion of reducing the oil and vinegar and also used 15 oz cans of beans. I don't like a lot of thyme so reduced that to 1/2 tsp and added about 1/2 tsp of salt.
The quantities of this seem a bit odd (tons of oil & vin. for not much salad) so I adjusted them and thought it was quite tasty. I used 15 oz cans of beans and reduced the oil to 1/4 c and vinegar to 1/2 cup. I used black beans instead of garbanzo (personal preference). I thought it could also use a little salt but otherwise the seasoning was great. Thanks for the recipe!