Recipe by Little Mimi
Central Market, in Austin, TX, is one of the coolest supermarkets ever, and this is their recipe for delicious scones. The 2 hours chilling can be omitted and the scones still come out great.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup sugar, plus
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3⁄4 cup blueberries (optional) or 3⁄4 cup dried apricot (optional)
- 1 1⁄4 cups whipping cream
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, 1/4 cup sugar, baking power, and salt. Cut butter into dry ingredients. Stir in fruit (if desired).
- Add whipping cream and stir by hand just until dough forms. Dough will be soft and sticky. Cover and refrigerate 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead gently until dough just holds together. Press dough into a 10-inch circle, 1-inch thick. Cut into wedges. Place scones on baking sheet and sprinkle scones with remaining sugar.
- Bake 15-20 minutes at 400 degrees or until scones are a light golden brown on top.