Prep 5 mins
Cook 35 mins
Simple pork chop recipe. Takes little prep work or cook time. Perfect for a week night meal. The Grill Mates seasoning really makes these chops special. I would highly recommend using the exact brand and flavor.
- 4 center-cut pork chops (1 in thick-approx 1 3/4 - 2 lbs)
- 2 vidalia onions (chopped)
- 2 teaspoons seasoning (McCormick Grill Mates Sugar Bourbon seasoning)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons bacon drippings
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup light brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup beef broth
- Heat oil and bacon drippings on medium high heat. While heating, season chops on both sides (1/4 teaspoon per side). Add chops to hot pan. Sear on each side for 3 minutes.
- Add onions, brown sugar and beef broth. Stir well. Turn heat between medium high and medium and cover.
- Cook for 15 minutes. Stirring occasionally. Turn chops and cook an additional 10 minutes. Serve chops with onion and sauce on top.