Recipe by Anita Harris
This is a really good change of pace from your normal baked ham. Be sure to watch closely as you grill so that you don't burn the ham slices since the sauce does contain sugar.
Top Review by Robyn in NY
This is awsome! I had to make few variations. I didn't have lemon juice instead I used 1/4 cup lemonade. I also used pre cooked ham slices and they were only 1/2 inch thick. I really only had to warm up the slices. I also put tin foil on the grill and just before I brought the ham in I "flash fried" for the grill mark effect. I made extra sauce so that we could dip the ham. My husband and children 5 and 3 loved the ham. This has been added to my family's favorite receipe book. Thanks!
- 2 slices center cut ham, 1 1/2 inch thick
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together the basting sauce ingredients and stir until smooth.
- Cover and let sit in refrigerator at least 1 hour.
- Prepare your grill medium to medium-high heat.
- Place ham slices on prepared grill and baste with some of the sauce.
- Grill for 1 hour, basting and turning every 15 minutes.
- (One ham slice usually feeds 2 people when cut in half).