Recipe by Pinay0618
Chipotle, cumin, lime and oregano flavor this marinated pork sandwich. Recipe is from Canadian Living.
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 chipotle chile in adobo, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon adobo sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pork tenderloin (about 1 lb/450 g)
- 1 avocado
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 4 round challah buns or 4 sesame hamburger buns
- 8 boston lettuce leaves
- 2 small tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup thinly sliced red onion
Directions See How It's Made
- In bowl, combine half of the lime juice, the chipotle pepper, adobo sauce, oregano, cumin, coriander, salt and pepper. Add pork, turning to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour. (Make-ahead: Refrigerate for up to 24 hours.)
- Peel, pit and chop avocado. In bowl, mash avocado with fork; mix in cilantro and remaining lime juice. Set aside.
- Weave pork slices onto 4 metal or soaked wooden skewers. Place on greased grill over medium-high heat; close lid and grill, turning occasionally, until juices run clear when pork is pierced and just a hint of pink remains inside, 8 to 10 minutes. Remove from skewers.
- Layer bottom half of each bun with lettuce, tomatoes, pork and onion. Spread avocado mixture on cut side of top of each bun; sandwich layers with tops.