"In ancient Ireland, apple trees were one of three things that could only be paid for with other living objects--money could not exchange hands." From Celtic Folklore Cooking, by Joanna Asala, where I got this recipe from. Holidays associated with this recipe: Lughnasadh, Samhain, Mabon, harvest suppers, Esbat celebrations, name days/birthdays, Yule.
My Private Note
cups ci ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large saucepan, combine cider, brown sugar, and nutmeg.
- 2Place cinnamon, allspice, and 1 teaspoon of whole cloves in cheesecloth and tie with string.
- 3Add spice bag to cider mixture; bring to boiling. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for another 5-10 minutes.
- 4Remove spice bag and discard.
- 5Serve cider in mugs with a clove-studded orange wedge in each. Cinnamon sticks also add a decorative touch.
Browse Our Top Beverages Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Beverages Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Celtic Homemade Mulled Cider
Serving Size: 1 (257 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 53.4
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 6.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 13.2 g
- Protein 0.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: