Prep 5 mins
Cook 24 hrs
Mmm, this stuff is delicious! Perfect for spring! From the book Celtic Folklore Cooking, by Joanne Asala. Holidays associated with this recipe: Midsummer, Bealtaine, Esbat dinners.
- 1 quart red grape juice
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 40 mint leaves
- 1 quart red wine
- 1 quart strong brewed tea, cooled
- 3 lemons, juice of
- array fresh edible flower (such as nasturtiums, marigolds, primroses, pansies, borage, orange, and apple blossoms ) (optional)
- Heat grape juice with sugar until sugar has dissolved.
- Add mint leaves and steep overnight.
- Strain liquid, discarding leaves, and add wine, tea, and lemon juice.
- Chill for at least two hours.
- Decorate with flowers if you wish.