Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This recipe was from my mother-in-law. It's a must every holiday season and my husband's favorite pie. You can substitute rum extract for the rum if you wish. Prep time includes chilling time.
- 2 cups eggnog
- 1 (1/4 ounce) envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon rum extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 9-inch baked pie crust
- Mix gelatin, sugar, salt and eggnog. Warm over low heat until gelatin is dissolved.
- Chill mixture. Fold in whipping cream, rum, and vanilla.
- Pour into baked pie shell.
- Garnish with nuts, red and green cherries.
I'm not a fan of eggnog so i can't say anything but my DH liked it. His only complaint was how jelly it was but how else could it be? :)