Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Made Dib's recipe for Chicken Cellophane Noodle Salad With Peanut Dressing, but changed it significantly to fit ingredients I had and to make it as side. The result was so good I want to post it for safe keeping. My thanks to Dib's!
- 5 ounces uncooked cellophane noodles
- 1 cup carrot, cut into matchsticks
- 1⁄2 cup red pepper, sliced thin
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons chunky peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar, packed
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons minced ginger
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon five-spice powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Place a medium pot of water on the stove to boil.
- Once the water boils, add the bean threads and carrots. Boil for one minute and then let stand for 10 minutes until the threads are transparent.
- While the bean threads are cooking, make the sauce.
- Combine the water, soy sauce, peanut butter, brown sugar, rice vinegar, ginger, oil, red pepper flakes, five-spice powder and garlic powder in a medium bowl and whisk.
- Drain bean threads and carrots and toss with the sauce.