A recipe one of my students did as an assignment. I promised her I would make it when I got home, it was so fast and easy and had really ordinary things in it. It is a nice recipe that makes a kind of apple coffee cake. Would be great for breakfast. She suggests serving it with ice cream or creme anglaise. I like it right out of the pan.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 3/4 cup creme fraiche (maybe even heavy cream or milk) or 3/4 cup sour cream (maybe even heavy cream or milk) or 3/4 cup yogurt (maybe even heavy cream or milk)
- 3 eggs
- 2/3 cup sugar, more if you use sour cream
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 apples, diced
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon, separated
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1Mix the dry ingredients, reserve 1 tsp cinnamon.
- 2Mix the wet ingredients in a separate bowl.
- 4Spray or butter and flour a large glass pie dish.
- 5Pour in batter. Add diced apples on top. I didn't peel them, but I was being lazy. Celine suggested making pretty patterns on the top of the batter with the apples. I just tossed them on, then pushed them down slightly.
- 6Sprinkle with the reserved tsp of cinnamon.
- 7Bake at 375° in a preheated oven for about 35 minutes or until done.
- 8Eat warm or cold.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Celine's French Apple Cake
Serving Size: 1 (106 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 290.4
- Calories from Fat 94
- Total Fat 10.4 g
- Saturated Fat 5.7 g
- Cholesterol 109.8 mg
- Sodium 171.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 20.5 g
- Protein 5.7 g