Prep 25 mins
Cook 28 mins
This recipe uses Splenda as a sugar substitute, and applesauce instead of shortening.
- 2 cups unsweetened applesauce
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla (Mix well, add)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons brown Sugar Twin
- 1⁄2 cup Splenda granular
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole wheat flour (Mix well, add)
- 1 cup craisins
- 2 cups walnut halves
- 5 cups old-fashioned oatmeal
- I use a 1/2 cup measuring cup (rounded) to measure Splenda, flour, Craisins, walnuts and oatmeal. Mix until dough is correct, medium consistency…… add more applesauce if necessary……… keep scraping dough from sides of bowl down into mixer…… scoop out onto oiled cookie sheets with cookie scoop ……… flatten with fork dipped in water……… bake at 350 degrees for 28 minutes or until golden brown……….
I made these cookies and they had a strange texture - almost like a dry sponge. They didn't taste very good either. I would never waste my time or ingredients on this recipe again.