Recipe by Oolala
In "From Bubbe's Kitchen With Love" submitted by Pat Weiss. Cook time does not include chill time.
- 2 pints fresh strawberries, divided
- 1⁄2 cup red currant jelly
- 2 tablespoons orange-flavored liqueur
- whipped cream (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash and hull berries and dry them. Put half in the blender and put the other half in a covered container and chill in the refigerator until ready for them.
- Meanwhile put the jelly and liqueur in a small saucepan over low heat and cook until jelly is melted. Pour this into the blender over the berries. Blend until smooth and chill.
- Shortly before serving, place the whole berries in glass serving bowls/cups and pour sauce over them; mix gently. Pass whipped cream separately if desired.